The Hawaiian Koa series began in 1995 with one model, the humble soprano. Alvin hand crafted them one at a time and even made his own labels out of wood.
While KoAloha ukulele have been through a series of improvements, they still ring with the same signature KoAloha sound. As a tone wood, koa produces a nice harmony of warmth and brightness.
The tonal balance of these instruments is a fit for all types of music. From finger picking to strumming, from classical to jazz, the Hawaiian Koa series will play and sound great. All of the koa instruments are produced in KoAloha’s factory in Kaka’ako.
- All solid Hawaiian Koa Body
- CNC shaped Mahogany Neck
- TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- Nut width 1.5″
- String spacing 11/32″ on centre
- KoAloha 5-pointed Crown Headstock
- Paua Abalone Headstock Logo
- Ebony Fretboard and Fretboard Binding
- Paua Fret Markers
- Ebony Bridge
- KoAloha Gear Tuners
- KoAloha’s “Musubi” Sound Hole
- Buffed High-Gloss Finish