Designed with run-and-gun interviews in mind, the all-in-one package ensures a quick and easy setup, and flexible recording options for crystal clear audio.
The Interview Kit comes with the SC6-L, two LAV-CLIPs, two WS-LAV windshields, a storage pouch, and two smartLav+ microphones, RØDE’s professional grade lavaliers. The smartLav+ is a discreet and portable 4.5mm miniature mic made with omni-directional condenser capsules and Kevlar® reinforced cables, making them suitable for a wide range of film, television and broadcast applications.
The SC6-L is a simple input/output breakout box with Lightning® connector to connect directly to iOS devices. With two TRRS inputs and one stereo headphone output, the SC6-L connects to any TRRS devices, including two smartLav+ microphones and headphones for direct monitoring and playback. Optimised to be used with the RØDE Reporter app, the user can enable/disable direct monitoring, alter boost gain, and choose between summed stereo and dual mono. These features can be retained by the SC6-L allowing users to use the SC6-L with other apps, such as the Camera, GarageBand, Voice Memos, etc.
SC6-L Mobile Interview Kit Specifications
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- OS Requirements: iOS 11 and higher
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Direct Monitor: Yes
- Sample Rates: 44.1/48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Simultaneous I/O: 2/2
- Computer Connectivity: Lightning (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
- Analog Outputs: 3.5mm TRS Headphone Output
- Output Connection; SC6-L: 3.5mm Headphone Output, SmartLav+: Gold-plated TRRS plug
- Power Requirements: Powered from iPhone TRRS socket (2.7V)
- Maximum SPL: n/a
- Equivalent Noise: 25 dB Typical
- Signal to noise Ratio: 69 dB
- Frequency Range: SC6L: 20Hz – 20 kHz
- SmartLav+: 60 Hz – 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni-directional
- Active Electronics: JFET
- Acoustic Principle: Permanently Polarised Condenser