· Tonica strings have a core made from nylon.
· They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
· Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
· With substantially reduced background ‘hiss’, players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings.
· With a highly responsive left hand feel, Tonica strings remain very easy to play all the way up to the highest positions.
· Projection and brilliance have been upgraded.
· However, this excess does not mean that the Tonica has lost its warmth.
· Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
· All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
· Easy right hand articulation and tone attack.
· Due to their medium string tension Tonica strings are suitable for all instruments.
· Insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity