The Viotech Suregrip Bow Grip for violin/viola is most commonly used by beginners who are struggling to achieve a good bow hold due to discomfort.
· Will fit any sized violin or viola bow (larger size is available for cello).
· Two cushions included in each tube. The cushion can also be rotated then reversed, to maximise longevity.
· Colour: Black
· Designed and made in the UK in response to requests from musicians who like to use a bow cushion for added comfort and grip.
· Great for Suzuki violin and viola students, traditional private lesson students, school orchestra programs, and self-learners who simply want more comfort in their bowing hand.
Instructions for use:
1. Remove the frog of the bow by unwinding and removing the bow screw.
2. Apply a miniscule amount of silicon grease, washing-up liquid or petroleum jelly lubricant (such as Vaseline) inside one end of the cushion.
3. Push the cushion onto the bow stick, and ease gently up towards the leather grip. The thin leading edge tends to tuck under, so ease the lip over the existing grip by flicking it up carefully with your fingernail.
4. Continue to ease and push onto the grip. You might find the cushion tends to compress a little. Once on the grip, ease it back a little the other way to achieve full length, and ease into the correct position. The grip should sit roughly over the leather grip of the bow.
5. Replace the frog, taking care to align the screw correctly.