• FIVE “must-have” gigging pedals for 1/3 the cost at 1/3 the size, without sacrificing pro quality tone.
• Rugged All-Metal Housing in Gunmetal Finish.
• Metal Footswitches and Jacks.
• 6.3mm (1/4″) high-impedance input.
• 6.3mm (1/4″) low impedance output.
• Silent Switching, Custom Footswitch Actuators.
From the awesome SansAmp of what seems like a million years ago, Tech21 have continued to excite, innovate and inspire where today, they are recognised as leaders in delivering to guitarists around the world, really useable and inspiring T.O.N.E.
Sleek, compact and simply awesome, the gunmetal finish FLY RIG 5 is a thoroughbred professional unit armed with sweet analog tones. Weighing in at just over 18 oz. and under 12 inches in length, you can rule the road, rehearsal or recording gig. No heavy flight cases needed, no cable spaghetti, no dead weight…your road crew will love you (even more!) and if you are the road crew, you’ll just love it!
With the FLY RIG 5, no arena is too large and no stage is too small. Just grab your guitar and tap into five must-have pedals in Tech 21’s award-winning arsenal: a genuine SansAmp, a reverb, a delay, a powerful boost and the incredible Plexi distortion. All of this in a streamlined, road ready rugged metal housing that will easily fit in your guitar case.
There are illuminated mini-controls to show active status, an included 240V power supply and studio-grade, metal footswitches and jacks. It’s everything you need and nothing you don’t. Read the reviews, ask somebody who owns one, drop in and try one out . . . this is one of our most popular multi-effect pedals and once you’ve experienced the seductive tones, you’ll understand just what all the fuss is about!
With the functionality of a full pedalboard, minus the crackling patch cables, dying batteries and ground loops, the FLY RIG 5 is a simple step to the rich, expressive combinations that are the tonal key to virtually any session. Even when you want to use the latest digital supercomputer or a vintage tube amp, the FLY RIG 5 covers your ass like yoga pants.
SANSAMP – ANALOG ECSTACY
At its heart is the omnipotent, all-analog SansAmp – a ground-breaking amp emulator, speaker and mic simulator – that will allow you to easily dial in your favorite sounds for consistent tone every time. This version has been optimised for lush, chiming clean tones and features a Drive control to add just the right amount of gain from warm break-up to snarling grind, with an incredibly flexible 3-band EQ. The adjustable Reverb is also found in this section, voiced to create the rich ambiance of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
PLEXI – LEGENDARY TONE!
The roaring Plexi tone is the stuff of legend, with its muscular crunch, detailed mids and mule-kick low end. Providing the dirty side of the Fly Rig, the Plexi section produces exquisite, ripped-ab rock tones that can be kicked into Hot mode with up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. The Hot footswitch operates independently to boost any of the Fly Rig sections whenever you feel the urge to punch it up.
DLA – INSPIRATIONAL TIME BASED EFFECTS
An inspiring delay section completes the Fly Rig 5. Voiced to emulate vintage tape echo, the DLA features a separate tap-tempo footswitch and adjustable tape drift-style modulation for authentic textures. From thickening slap-backs to deep cascading repeats, the DLA adds space and attitude.
FLY RIG 5 SECTIONS AND FEATURES
• SANSAMP: tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level,
and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
• REVERB: within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
• PLEXI: based upon the Hot-Rod Plexi pedal, brings in the glorious and organic distortion of a stock ‘68 Marshall Plexi and includes Level, Tone and Drive controls.
• HOT: within the Plexi section, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to
boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
• DLA: based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo
and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures. A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
• ALL ANALOG SIGNAL PATH: reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.