Tommy looks for a guitar with superb tone, capable of the most delicate expression as well as the most ferocious attack. The neck must stay true regardless of the rigours of international travel and the guitar needs to perform at its peak, from Rome to Nashville, to Sydney!
Our Tommy Emmanuel models feature a Mother of Pearl block inlay on the 12th Fret, engraved with “C.G.P.” The acronym stands for “Certified Guitar Player,” a title bestowed on Tommy by Chet Atkins and held by only 3 other guitarists in the world – John Knowles, Jerry Reed, and Steve Warriner.
Tommy has done Australia proud and we are honored that he continues to use Maton as his guitar of choice.
To try this instrument please go to our Dealer Section of the website and find a dealer closest to you!
- Model: EBG808TEC
- Body Shape: 808C
- Face: “AAA Select” Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Queensland Maple
- Neck: Select Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Streaky Ebony
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Bracing: Maton Scalloped X
- Inner Binding: Triple Pinstripe
- Outer Binding: Ivory
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
- Headstock Veneer: Queensland Walnut
- Fretwire: Jescar FW43080
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots “CGP” Pearl Block on 12th Fret
- Back & Sides Finish: Vintage Amber Stain Satin
- Top Finish: Honey Stan Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.