Victorian blackwood has long been a favourite tonewood at Maton and it was decided from the beginning that blackwood would be the best timber for the ukulele bodies, not least because it is a close relative of Hawaiian koa, the traditional wood for the construction of ukuleles. The back, sides and soundboard are made and braced as lightly as possible so that the instrument is super responsive to every note.
The Queensland maple neck is shaped for maximum comfort and is designed to be a tone enhancing as possible. The CNC produced Indian rosewood fingerboard features top and side dots and is fretted with Dunlop 6260 nickel silver fret wire for ease of playing and brilliant intonation.
The Indian rosewood bridge is based on some classic old ukulele designs with the intention of creating as much vibration as possible in the soundboard. Underneath the soundboard is an elliptical shaped spruce bridge plate which is designed to spread string vibration as evenly as possible and to reduce stress points developing around the bridge.
- Model: Ukulele Tenor
- Body Shape: Ukulele
- Body Timber: Blackwood
- Neck Material: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Profile: Flat Profile
- Number of Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 431.8mm (17”)
- Nut Width: 35mm
- 14th Fret: Width 45.2mm
- Soundhole Diameter: 66mm (2.598″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 4mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Machine Heads: Gotoh UK700 1:15
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Plush Line Hardcase
- Pickup: L.R Baggs 5.0